SUNY REACH is part of the Lumina Foundation’s Racial Equity for Adult Credentials in Higher Ed (REACH) grant initiative. In partnership with community colleges and community partners, SUNY will seek to increase the attainment of non-degree credentials and associate degrees in community colleges for adults of color, building off our guided pathways work. There will be programming support, a toolkit for all 30 SUNY community colleges, and additional funding available for community colleges who would like to create specific pathways credentials for adults of color.
There are currently 15 colleges implementing REACH pathways projects: Broome Community College, Corning Community College, Dutchess Community College, Finger Lakes Community College, Hudson Valley Community College, Jefferson Community College, Monroe Community College, Niagara County Community College, Rockland Community College, Schenectady County Community College, Suffolk County Community College, Sullivan County Community, College, Tompkins Cortland Community College, Ulster County Community College, and Westchester Community College.
Please email Rochelle Duncan, SUNY REACH project manager at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Learning Sessions and Workshops:
- SUNY REACH Partner Kick-Off Summit – 12/13/22
- SUNY REACH Virtual Learning Session I: Microcredentials – 02/17/22
- SUNY REACH Virtual Learning Session II: Credit for Prior Learning is within REACH – 03/07/22
- SUNY REACH Virtual Learning Session III: Embedding Equity in Pathways – 04/25/22
- SUNY Workforce Development and Pathways (Part 1): Partnership Planning – 05/11/22
- SUNY Workforce Development and Pathways (Part 2): Aligning Workforce and Pathways – 05/23/22
- SUNY REACH and Pathways Learning Session on Student Basic Needs – 11/21/2022
- Education Strategy Group Adult Ready Playbook
- CCRC Strategies for Improving Postsecondary Credential Attainment Among Black, Hispanic, and Native American Adults
- OCCRL Equity Conscious Community College Pathways
- SUNY Microcredentials
- Credential As You Go
- Expanding Opportunities: Defining Quality Non-Degree Credentials for States
- JFF Blog: Boosting Opportunities for Social and Economic Mobility for Families (BOOST) initiative
- The Cost of Economic and Racial Injustice in Postsecondary Education
- Advancing Equity Through Guided Pathways Series
- A More Unified Community College: Strategies and Resources To Align Non-Credit and Credit Programs
- Institute for Higher Education Policy Report: “Lighting the Path to Remove Systemic Barriers in Higher Education and Award Earned Postsecondary Credentials through IHEP’s Degrees When Due Initiative.”
- Lumina Foundation & ideas42: Adult Enrollment Design Guide