New York State is committed to dramatically increasing the completion and success of its students. The Student Success Center serves as a critical intermediary to provide leadership for the coordination and identification of the best strategies for scale-up, the fusing of resources to maximize impact, and the implementation of evidence-based national strategies to help more students graduate.
In 2016, New York State received a Jobs for the Future (JFF) Student Success Center (SSC) national designation, joining a thriving national network of 15 centers. The purpose of this virtual center is to provide a vision and framework for New York State?s community colleges to collectively share and advance student success and completion goals.
The SSC, in partnership with key stakeholders, focuses on proven and evidence-based practices of student success initiatives. The Center prioritizes, promotes and disseminates innovative student success practices, research and policy across the state and nationally.
New York State?s SSC, part of the JFF Student Success Center Network supported by the Kresge Foundation and the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, provides the perfect infrastructure for establishing a centralized network that focuses in on ?what works? and coordinates resources to positively impact New York State?s community college student experience and college completion.
The Center?s work will also be focused on identifying the best state and national practices that have been identified by the JFF Leadership Trust for Student Success and the work of other policy leaders committed to advancing student success.
- Johanna Duncan-Poitier, SUNY Senior Vice Chancellor Office of Community Colleges and the Education Pipeline
- Jennifer Miller, Executive Director
- Michael Baston, President, Rockland Community College
- Karen Coleman, Deputy Commissioner, New York State Department of Labor
- Johanna Duncan-Poitier, Senior Vice Chancellor for Community Colleges and the Education Pipeline, SUNY
- Scott Evenbeck, President, Guttman Community College, CUNY
- Karon Klipple, Executive Director, Carnegie Math Pathways
- Timothy Kremer, Executive Director, New York State School Boards Association
- Anne Kress, President, Monroe Community College and lead campus for SUNY Guided Pathways Institutes
- Jennifer Miller, Executive Director, NYS Student Success Center & SUNY Director of Community College Support
- Deb Moeckel, Assistant Provost for Assessment and Community College Education, SUNY
- Kim Scalzo, Executive Director of Open SUNY, SUNY
- Karen Stout, President, Achieving the Dream & Ryan Kelsey, Chief Advisor to the President & CEO, Achieving the Dream
- Nina Tamrowski, Professor, Onondaga Community College; President, Faculty Council of Community Colleges (FCCC); and SUNY Trustee
- Randy VanWagoner, President, Mohawk Valley Community College and Chair, New York Association of Community College Presidents (NYCCAP)
- Julie White, Senior Vice President, Student Engagement and Learning Support, Onondaga Community College and Chair, Council of SUNY Community Colleges Chief Student Affairs Officers
- Andrea Juncos, Associate Director, Jobs for the Future (JFF)
- Nyema Mitchell, Senior Program Manager, Jobs for the Future (JFF)